Fame in the Family: What is it, when's it on TV and what's it about?
New Channel 4 series Fame in the Family is a cross between Long Lost Family, Who Do You Think You Are? and Come Dine with Me
What is Fame in the Family?
Channel 4’s new series Fame in the Family seems like a combination of Long Lost Family, Who Do You Think You Are? and Come Dine With Me.
When is Fame in the Family on TV?
Fame in the Family was broadcast on Channel 4 in March and April 2022. All episodes are available to watch on All4.
What is Fame in the Family about?
In each episode of Fame in the Family, a celebrity sits down to eat with a group of four strangers in the grand environs of Manchester Hall, a beautifully renovated building that started life as a freemasons’ hall back in the 1920s. At least one of the diners is related to the celebrity, according to their DNA profile, but nobody at the meal knows which of them it is.
Via three fact-finding games, the diners gather clues as they try to work out who among them is the celebrity’s relation, and share old photographs and other treasures that have been passed down the generations to tell the stories of their ancestors. According to Amanda De Freitas, the creative director at the show’s production company Salamanda Media, the tone throughout is warm and welcoming as the celebrities relax, discuss their childhoods and share other memories too.
Who is on Fame in the Family?
The Fame in the Family celebrity guest lineup is:
- Craig Revel Horwood, Strictly Come Dancing judge and former Who Do You Think You Are? guest
- Shaun Ryder, lead singer of Manchester band Happy Mondays
- Neil 'Razor' Ruddock, former English professional footballer
- Rustie Lee, television chef
- Kerry Katona, former member of girl group Atomic Kitten
- AJ and Curtis Pritchard, dancers and choreographers
- Joe Pasquale, comedian
- Toyah Wilcox, musician, actress and TV presenter
- James Argent, The Only Way Is Essex cast member
- Ann Widdecombe, former MP
Rosemary Collins is the features editor of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine