What is Fame in the Family?
When is Fame in the Family on TV?
The first episode of Fame in the Family will be broadcast on Channel 4 at 5.30pm on Monday 14 March. There will be 15 episodes altogether, broadcast at the same time every weekday.
What is Fame in the Family about?
In each episode of Fame in the Family, a celebrity sits down to eat with a group of four strangers in the grand environs of Manchester Hall, a beautifully renovated building that started life as a freemasons’ hall back in the 1920s. At least one of the diners is related to the celebrity, according to their DNA profile, but nobody at the meal knows which of them it is.
Via three fact-finding games, the diners gather clues as they try to work out who among them is the celebrity’s relation, and share old photographs and other treasures that have been passed down the generations to tell the stories of their ancestors. According to Amanda De Freitas, the creative director at the show’s production company Salamanda Media, the tone throughout is warm and welcoming as the celebrities relax, discuss their childhoods and share other memories too.
Who is on Fame in the Family?
The Fame in the Family celebrity guest lineup is:
- Craig Revel Horwood, Strictly Come Dancing judge and former Who Do You Think You Are? guest
- Shaun Ryder, lead singer of Manchester band Happy Mondays
- Neil ‘Razor’ Ruddock, former English professional footballer
- Rustie Lee, television chef
- Kerry Katona, former member of girl group Atomic Kitten
- AJ and Curtis Pritchard, dancers and choreographers
- Joe Pasquale, comedian
- Toyah Wilcox, musician, actress and TV presenter
- James Argent, The Only Way Is Essex cast member
- Ann Widdecombe, former MP
Rosemary Collins is the features editor of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine