Page 1 of 1

Royal Engineers

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:40 pm
by Markym51

I've just subscribed to the magazine and thought this forum could help me.

I've recently purchased an army uniform from a charity shop in Windsor - mainly for the lovely jacket. A colleague of mine believes the uniform was one the Royal Engineers wore in WW2 - and internet search appears to confirm this.

We thought it might be nice to find out a bit about the previous owner. The only details I have is what is written in the label: Brookes, then below that is CP 25069424. I'm assuming Brookes is the surname, the number is possibly the regiment number, but I'm not sure what CP is - the man's initials or part of the regiment number.

Any ideas would be appreciated - thank you in advance.

Re: Royal Engineers

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:11 am
by phsvm
I'd start by contacting the Royal Engineers' Museum in Kent.

Their website is

Re: Royal Engineers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:12 pm
by Damo9424
Hi That was my Army number I was a Lcpl in the royal engineers between 1998 & 2005.
I lost my Northern Ireland medal, searched my number and came across this post.