Moderator Control Panel ]

Norman Moss Memorial

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Norman Moss Memorial

Postby pastisyourself » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:03 pm

My uncle sergeant pilot Norman Moss was killed during the Second World War in a training accident in Portage la Prairie in Canada. I have been to see the grave. I have been told that there his name is on a memorial in his home City of Salford, but have been unable to trace where this might be. Could anybody advise where to look, who to ask for advice to help me trace any relevant memorial?

Thanks,

Paul

Sent from my iPad using WDYTYA Forum
pastisyourself

Re: Norman Moss Memorial

Postby coopernicola » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:01 pm

This may be a long shot but you could try the Salford War Memorials Project: http://www.salfordwarmemorials.co.uk
I can across it by accident when looking for other Salford information. I have not used the site but it appears well organised - happy hunting.

Nicola

coopernicola

Postby pastisyourself » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:12 pm

Thank you Nicola,

I have looked at the Salford Memorials site and have found other family members, but no mention of Norman Moss. My mother who died a couple of years ago said she was sure that there was memorial in St. Aidan's church but I have asked at the modern church and they have no record. I might try to locate the site organiser for Salford Memorials to see if they can help.

Kind regards,

Paul

pastisyourself

Postby pastisyourself » Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:57 am

Hi Nicola,

I have had a response from the site manager for Salford Memorials. They haven't come across a memorial to Norman Moss yet but will look up newspaper articles re his death after Christmas.

Thanks,

Paul

pastisyourself

Postby coopernicola » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:05 am

That's great news, I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Nicola

coopernicola

Return to Military help