Moderator Control Panel ]

Nurses Uniform What Type,From Where?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Re: Which hospital is this?

Postby Grandma Jedi » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:40 am

Thanks for that ksouthall, that seems a good suggestion.

Thanks for that phvsm, where are the boarding schools that you mention?

Does anyone recognise the type of uniform the nurses are wearing because that may give a clue to their whereabouts?

Kind regards

Grandma Jedi
Grandma Jedi

Re: Which hospital is this?

Postby SandraMoody » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:51 pm

Hi, An old nurse from the 1930 era does not think this uniform is from the Yorkshire area., could it be Durham?
SandraMoody

Re: Nurses Uniform What Type,From Where?

Postby Grandma Jedi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:43 pm

Thank you for that info Sandra, it is interesting to know that in different areas nurses had different styles of uniform, I didn't know that. Hope someone can identify where they were.

Kind regards

Grandma Jedi
Grandma Jedi

Re: Nurses Uniform What Type,From Where?

Postby Backmanmal » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:28 pm

As a Nurse Historian I am afraid that the photo is a a fairly typical snapshot of what appear to be Probationer Nurses from the late 1920s to early 30s.The uniforms have nothing distinctive about them to suggest a location but if you could narrow down an approximate location for the Hospital(I'm sure that is what it is) you might be able to track down a match.If you look on Flickr I have several hundred similar nursing and Hospital pics.There are plans to digitalise the General Nursing Council Registers from 1922 to 1968 and these should be available some time this year.
Good Luck.
Backmanmal

Previous

Return to Photo identification