Moderator Control Panel ]

Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne

Postby ColleenT » Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:47 pm

I have been researching a lady who was evidently a civilian member of the RAF in Germany. Born in London in 1909 she died in RAF hospital Wegberg in 1954 aged 44.

I have just received an overseas death certificate which gives no cause of death. The form makes reference to a death certificate from the British Medical Centre, Cologne. Would this show a cause of death and how can I get a copy?
ColleenT

Re: Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne

Postby Sylcec » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 am

Have you tried the British overseas death indexes? If her death has been registered and indexed through the British overseas authorities - either military or consular - then you will be able to purchase a certificate through the usual route, i.e. GRO at Southport. http://www.gro.gov.uk

By the way, you are better to post this person specific sort of query in in the "General Research Queries" board where more people are likely to see it and reply.
Sylcec

Re: Civilian interpreter RAF Cologne

Postby ColleenT » Sat Dec 28, 2013 3:03 pm

I'm sorry for the delay in replying to you.

As I said, I have received her Consular Death Certificate but need advice on how to obtain her cause of death, which is not mentioned.

Thank you for your tips on placement of messages.

ColleenT
ColleenT

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat