Moderator Control Panel ]

Civil Defence Medal 1939-1945

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Civil Defence Medal 1939-1945

Postby Hollycat » Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:55 pm

I have been looking through my mothers possessions and discovered the ribbon and citation for the above medal for my father who died just after the war. He was an ARP warden working in the East End of London for the whole war. My Mum could never bring herself to claim the medal after his death, but I thought that if it was possible then I might like to claim the medal on his behalf, so that my grandchildren, his great grandchildren, could see how proud we are of the work that my Dad did. He also had a reserved occupation during the war as well.

If you can give any help on how to go about claiming the above medal then that would be most appreciated. Thank you, :D Hollycat
Hollycat

Re: Civil Defence Medal 1939-1945

Postby junkers » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:17 pm

You will need to contact the Medal Office at The Ministry of Defence (see the attached article by The Royal British Legion,
http://www.britishlegion.org.uk/remembr ... #homeguard but you will need to know his service periods and where he served to ensure he was entitled to the medal.
junkers

Return to Military help