Moderator Control Panel ]

Tips for WDYTYA? Live

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Tips for WDYTYA? Live

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Hello everyone!

We're currently putting together an article about how to prepare for Who Do You Think You Are? Live, which kicks off at the London Olympia on 20th February 2014.

I'm sure that quite a few of you will have attended in the past, so if you could share your top tips in the thread below, that would be much appreciated! Whether it's taking a packed lunch or planning a timetable of your day, we'd like to hear about it...

Best wishes,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: Tips for WDYTYA? Live

Postby ksouthall » Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:00 pm

One tip is to take a rucksack so that your hands are free for making any notes.
Another is to attend as many workshops as possible - free tickets are usually available on the day. This also gives you the chance to have a sit down in between walking around all the stands.
There is food and drink available. However taking your own does save you money.
ksouthall

Postby philarys » Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:22 pm

We went last year and if you take any photos or records put your mobile no on them in case you leave them on a stall,that way at least they can get them back to you.
philarys

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks! I met a couple of people at this year's show who had 'misplaced' their iPads and ended up in a panic because they hadn't labelled them. Not good!
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Does anyone have any other tips?
Jon Bauckham

Return to Genealogy chat