Moderator Control Panel ]

British Newspaper Archives

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

British Newspaper Archives

Postby meekhcs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:03 pm

Just discovered, after days of struggling, that The British Newspaper Archives site does not work properly on google chrome, but it does work on internet explorer. I switched to google chrome when I purchased my new laptop at the end of last year after finding that Ancestry, WDYTYA etc kept crashing on Internet Explorer! How I wish I was computer literate!!!!

Sally
meekhcs

Re: British Newspaper Archives

Postby ColinB » Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:33 pm

There's no reason why you shouldn't have Crome and Internet Explorer if you want and just use the one that works for you in particular circumstances. I use Internet Explorer most of the time but I also have Mozilla Firefox installed on my laptop. If IE isn't working well I have the option to switch browsers. You just have to designate one as your default browser. When I open the second browser a window asks if I want to make it the default. I just click no and carry on browsing.

Colin
ColinB

Postby meekhcs » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Hi Colin

I just hadn't realised that some sites work on some browsers, and some on others. I'll get there in the end!!

Cheers Sally
meekhcs

Postby mdicker1943 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:34 pm

I also have both browsers on my laptop and Ipad.
It is very useful to have internet explorer as the default but Chrome as an App
I log into ancestry on explorer and at the same time Chrome on FamilySearch and move between the two .
mdicker1943

Return to Genealogy chat