Moderator Control Panel ]

November Issue - Unwanted Flier

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

November Issue - Unwanted Flier

Postby eurogordi » Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:57 pm

Receiving WDYTYA? magazine by subscription, the latest edition for November arrived earlier today and I have just spent the last hour or so browsing through the pages.

However, imagine my surprise when I found an A5 double sided advertising flier neatly bound between pages 66 and 67 telling me all about half price recliners and beds!

Has anyone else discovered a similar flier in their own copy? And if it is meant to be there, I hope this advertising feature is a one off and does not continue in future issues.
eurogordi

Re: November Issue - Unwanted Flier

Postby junkers » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:36 pm

I have one too, I suppose it keeps the price down but it happens in most magazines and free newspapers.
junkers

Postby ritah » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Advertising fliers are indeed something we have just got used to with any magazine etc but it was the fact that this particular advert was stapled in that annoyed me particularly. I now have a partly ripped magazine where I tried to remove the offending advert!!

Rita
ritah

Postby ColinB » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:35 am

At the moment I'd settle for my copy turning up at all !

Colin
ColinB

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:24 am

Hello,

As junkers says, these adverts are an important source of income for us and help us stay afloat. However, I'm really sorry if some of you found it annoying. I've spoken to our ads team and they did ensure that it wasn't placed halfway through a feature.

Regards,
Jon

P.S. Colin - let me know if you've been having problems with your subscription. I can chase if needed!
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat