Moderator Control Panel ]

Waiting for subscription

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Waiting for subscription

Postby familysleuth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm hoping that the moderator/magazine guru can check for me! I posted a query about subscriptions to Australia and received 2 helpful replies. So a couple of weeks ago (nearly 3) I sent off a hard copy form from a magazine to get my subscription complete with direct debit details - but nothing yet, no replies. Perhaps I am being a bit premature :) Letter was sent airmail...... should take a week? Because I don't want to double up with copies purchased here - my newsagent is 3 months behind - I want to know when my subscription will start. I guess I expected evidence of the direct debit and/or an e mail saying my subscription was 'sorted'. Hope you can help, or put me onto the right area to inquire. Cheers!!
familysleuth

Re: Waiting for subscription

Postby ritah » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Hello

I agree this seems to be taking a long time to sort out. If you look at the first page in your magazine there is usually a 'How to get in touch' panel. For subscription queries you can email wdytya@servicehelpline.co.uk. Give that a try!

Rita
ritah

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 am

Hello there,

Please refer to my reply on this thread:
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic9721.html

familysleuth - I've also sent you a PM.

Regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby familysleuth » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:21 am

I am happy to report that I have now received answers to my query from Jon, as well as the magazine subscription area. The online subscription area DOES clearly state that direct debits can't be arranged for overseas subscribers, and that one must pay by credit card. My mix-up was the ambiguous nature of the answer in the 'letters to the Editor' section which implied there was some sort of special deal for Australians, and also the form in the magazine in that issue which was not at all clear what 'specials' overseas subscribers could access, and the payment method they must comply with.
I still love the magazine! so thanks Jon for replying, and I will go for the 'credit card' option. I have asked the Magazine to make subscription information for overseas very clear in the magazine its' self. From other posts it seems there are still some hitches though - late magazines and an inability to re-subscribe online, a few payment issues.... lets hope WDYTYA can sort them!
familysleuth

Postby familysleuth » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:38 am

An update and a request! Australian readers who hope to arrange a subscription will be pleased to hear that I received my first magazine last week - the bonus Christmas issue. I was hoping for the December issue.... but it was not to be!I will just have to haunt the newsagent to catch up on November and then December in the months to come.

And the request - are there any plans for an Index to the magazine? I did a search of this topic and found that a PDF of article titles used to be included in the disc, but now that a disc is not provided, such a list does not seem to be included in the download-able bonus content. I note that a blogger on the web started her own index... but I would like to have one provided by WDYTYA.... is anything planned?
familysleuth

Postby Jon Bauckham » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 am

Pleased to hear that you've finally received the magazine. Let us know if you encounter any problems in the future (hopefully not!)

A PDF index is actually included as part of the bonus content each month. Once you've entered the code and accessed the secure area, there's a download link at the bottom of the side panel named WDYTYA? Magazine back issues.

However, we're hoping to build a back issue index into the website itself, which will be accessible without a code - similar to the facility BBC History Magazine has created at www.historyextra.com. I'll make sure everyone knows when this has been completed!

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat