Moderator Control Panel ]

Subscription for Australia

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Subscription for Australia

Postby familysleuth » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:15 am

I would dearly love to have a subscription to WDYTYA magazine. Not only will it save me money, but I am hoping I can get magazines quicker! I was pleased to see in the latest (for Australia) magazine which is JUNE, a letter in the 'write in' section from Australia. the editor replied '... if you subscribe you will receive the magazine much sooner. We are currently offering Australian readers a special subscription offer (see p38). When I turned to the page, there is nothing about Australia on it! There is no information about how soon I could get a magazine - airmail? - and the special offer for direct debit has long expired! I have asked at my newsagent, and they have no information on subscriptions. This magazine is not available for subscriptions from the large 'subscription' websites for australia either. so, please can you tell me..... Can I subscribe by direct debit on an Australian bank? Will I get the magazine by airmail? Can I ever qualify for a special offer? At present, the magazine costs me $150 per year over the counter. Hoping you can help!
familysleuth

Re: Subscription for Australia

Postby Sylcec » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:08 am

I have had a sub running for several years now (am in suburban Sydney) and my WDYTYA mag arrives about 2 or 3 weeks after issue. I collected the September issue from my PO box yesterday. I pay using Visa credit card and tend to use snail mail. Only problem arises at renewal time which should be able to be done on-line, but this hasn't yet worked, so have continued with snail mail. One big advantage is that you don't have to pay extra for the occasional issues which have supplements - such as CD-ROM, chart, or booklet attached.
Good luck. Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby joannelovesbooks » Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:50 am

I am living in Australia at the moment and, if you have an iPad, I can't recommend strongly enough that you sign up for a digital subscription. I love reading the magazine on the iPad, the issue is full of hyperlinks to futher sources and it is much cheaper than getting a paper copy. Plus you get it even quicker than the postal subscription.

Best wishes
Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby familysleuth » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:42 pm

Thanks Joanne - I'd like mine hard copy -although I see the advantages of digital for sure! But (see my new post) although I sent off the form..... nothing yet. Hope someone from the magazine answers me, and it is all on its way! I think that clearer directions and information for subscribing outside of Britain could be included - at the moment the whole thing is very fuzzy!
familysleuth

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:31 am

Hello there,

Please refer to my reply on this thread:
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/forum/topic9721.html

familysleuth - I've also sent you a PM.

Regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat