Moderator Control Panel ]

Software

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Software

Postby JohnSc » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:54 pm

In your software review in the Sept 2013 issue, you only list two program's for the Mac. In your Useful Links, under Software, you describe Reunion as the leading software for the Mac. Why does this not feature in your review?
JohnSc

Re: Software

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:19 pm

Hi there,

Hmmm... that's a very good question! It is admittedly a bit confusing. I guess that the main reasons are that firstly, the Useful Links guide and the magazine feature were written by different people. Although both writers are experts and we had the final say editorially, there will be slight differences between the two pieces.

Also, the Useful Links guide is simply an online version of our 2013 Web Directory, which we gave away with the January issue. Since then, there have been numerous updates across lots of software packages, so I would say that the magazine feature provides the most up-to-date verdict.

Best regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat