Moderator Control Panel ]

harry walter white

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

harry walter white

Postby couldbeme » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:18 pm

harry was the son of harry and mary white he lived in haywards heath until enrolling in the first world war with the sussex regiment I don't know much about him except he died in 1916 in Gallipoli and is mentioned on the memorial in Gallipoli and haywards heath he is a distant relative any help would be most grateful

thanks
couldbeme

Re: harry walter white

Postby sdup26 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:20 am

In case you don’t have it, the 1911 Census entry for Harry’s family shows them living in Franklynn Road, Haywards Heath, Sussex.
Harry White senior was born 1870 and was a builder’s foreman, born Haywards Heath, wife Mary was born Crawley 1869, and their children, all born Haywards Heath, were Harry Walter, carpenter’s apprentice b1895, Frank Walwyn b1900, and Elsie May and Edith Rosa, both b1902.

Harry Walter died on 11th August 1915, aged 20, and is commemorated on Panel ref 125, Helles Memorial, Turkey (includes those fallen at Gallipoli), as Corporal Harry Walter White, son of Harry and Mary White of Franklynn Road, Haywards Heath, Sussex. He is also on the WW1 Roll of Honour at St Wilfred’s School, Haywards Heath. Not clear whether he was actually an ex-pupil of the school, or they were generally honouring their local war dead, and Harry was a local lad.
sdup26

Postby couldbeme » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:55 pm

Thanks for the help its what i already know im just looking for more information really and if any relatives survive
couldbeme

Postby Jack flash » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:00 am

Hi Harry Walter White was my grandads elder brother. I am the daughter of Frank Whites son Dennis. I would love to know who you are, please get in touch.
Jack flash

Return to Military help