Moderator Control Panel ]

Arthur Jackson WWII Chittagong Burma

Having trouble tracking down a wartime ancestor? Share your queries – and help fellow researchers – here

Arthur Jackson WWII Chittagong Burma

Postby Bevmawer » Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:13 pm

My father served with the RA (Aldershot barracks) and Special Forces. He does not speak about thi with the exception of saying that "she sold my medals" and gets very upset. My mother sold his 3 medals one was the Burma Star.I do not know what the other two medals were. Does anyone know which they might be or any ideas how I can find out what these these were. The Veterans UK say that without my father's consent they cannot help m. My father has the very early stages of dementia and I would like to arrange to get copies for him.
Bevmawer

Re: Arthur Jackson WWII Chittagong Burma

Postby g w aldous » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:31 am

his medals would have been the British War Medal, Victory Medal & Burma Star. if you can get a copy of the legion magazine they have companies that do good quality copy medals. if you can try and get his service number before its too late as next of kin can order the service record from glasgow.
g w aldous

Re: Arthur Jackson WWII Chittagong Burma

Postby Bevmawer » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:08 pm

Thank you for your help, it was extremely useful and I have secured what I wanted. You have helped to make someone very happy.
Thank you bx
Bevmawer

Return to Military help