Moderator Control Panel ]

Another mystery pic!

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Another mystery pic!

Postby Artognou » Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:52 am

Hi again,

I have had this photo for some time, it was sent to me again by a distant relative and he was wondering if it could have been one of the many brothers of one of my Great Grandfathers.
I wasn't too sure because the chap in question was Edgar Lishmund Sargent, he lived from 1873 to 1900, the first year/two years of his life was spent in Plymouth and the family then moved to London, I'm not quite sure why he died so young, though.

I thought the photo looked a bit too clear for the late 1800s/1900, would I be right in thinking this?

Artognou

Re: Another mystery pic!

Postby Dene Fisher » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:09 pm

My guess, given the relaxed pose & dress would be closer to the 1930's/40's if not later.
I have quite a few photo's of my relatives from the early 1900's & they're all posed & look to have been taken by a professional photographer.
Your photo looks like a snapshot by a friend/family member with an early personal camera - perhaps a 'box brownie' or the like

Dene
Dene Fisher

Re: Another mystery pic!

Postby Artognou » Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:12 am

Thanks ever so much, Dene, I did suspect it was later than the era this poor chap lived in, but I had to make sure my suspicions were confirmed.

Thanks for your advice and help!
Artognou

Return to Photo identification