Moderator Control Panel ]

thomas white of haywards heath

A problem shared is a problem halved. Post your brick walls here and see whether you can offer advice to others

thomas white of haywards heath

Postby couldbeme » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:39 pm

I have an ancestor who is thomas white born 1841 in lindfield i do know a lot of his ancestry he married harriet berry and lived in haywards heath do any other members of his family exist?
couldbeme

Re: thomas white of haywards heath

Postby sdup26 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:38 am

Do you mean his birth family? Or do you want to know about his descendents? If so, and he was born 1841 and then married later (when and where did he marry?), he should be on the censuses with his wife, and children if they had any. Have you checked censuses? It would be easier to help if you could be a bit clearer about exactly what you want to know.
sdup26

Postby ciderdrinker » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:12 am

1891 census Cuckfield
Thomas White 49 builder Lingfield
Harriet 48 wife Cuckfield
Harry 21 carpenter Cuckfield
George 20 painter
Edith 15 milliner's apprentice
Emma 13
Isaac 11
Cable 6
In 1871 they are at the same place but have a daughter Sarah A age 2 not on the 1891.
They married at Cuckfield Mar 1868 her maiden name Berry 2b 171
1851 at Lingfield
John Betting 77 laboruer Lingfield
Elizabeth 80 Hoathele sussex
Emma White 27 granddaughter unmarried house servant Lingfield
Thomas White son (gt grand son) 9 Lingfield
William White son / mths
Emma is still with her grandparents in 1841 and she married a Joseph Walder but not till 1854
Hope that helps some.
Ciderdrinker
ciderdrinker

Postby couldbeme » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:30 pm

Thanks to all those who replied i know a lot about his family history as he was my great grandfather i would like to know if he has any relatives still living
couldbeme

Postby 2012girl » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:35 pm

couldbeme wrote:Thanks to all those who replied i know a lot about his family history as he was my great grandfather i would like to know if he has any relatives still living

Have you tried looking at the family trees on ancestry or genes reunited to see if anyone else has him in their tree? That may be your best bet in terms of finding any other descendents,

Jill
2012girl

Postby Jack flash » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Hi I am a descendant of Thomas Whites family if you are still interested please let me know. I am the daughter of Dennis Walwyn White who is a grandson of Harry White. My name is Jacqueline Louise Collison and I have a brother named Thomas Ernest White. I am interested to find out what info you have too.
Kind regards.
Jack flash

Postby cherrycake » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:57 pm

Came across this post by complete accident. Thomas White was my great great grandfather on my fathers side of the family. His daughter Emma was my great grandmother and her daughter Phyllis Smith was my grandmother - my fathers mother. As far as I'm aware Emma had 6 children Phyllis, Winifred, Carrie, Jess Edie and Tom. Apart from my father I am only aware of Molly and Alan - daughter and son of Carrie - that are still alive and they actually still live in Haywards Heath in the house that Thomas White built and left to their mother.

I do have a photo of him together with a copy of a newspaper cutting announcing his death in which he is described as someone who never made an enemy. I believe he was a founder member of the Haywards . Heath building society.
cherrycake

Postby couldbeme » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:29 pm

thankyou cherry cake for your information on Thomas white he was my grandmothers uncle her name was ellen white and her father was William white brother of thomas I woud be grateful if you could send me the photo that you have of Thomas both he and William were born illegitimate their mother was emma white who married joseph white and they are both buried in walstead churchyard perhaps you could also tell me if henry Edward Stanford white was a relative hes buried with Thomas and harriet in st Wilfreds graveyard

look forward to hearing from you
couldbeme

Postby cherrycake » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Will let you know when I have a copy of the photo and will ask my dad for any information he might have regarding your queries. Be in touch
cherrycake

Postby Sylcec » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:24 pm

Folks - this makes interesting reading for all of us. However, now you related persons have made contact, can I suggest that you use the PM function (private message) for further contact, you will then be able to exchange personal information including email, address and phone if you want on a private basis.
Sylcec

Next

Return to General research queries