Switch to full style

Moderator Control Panel

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here
Post a reply


Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:09 pm

Hi everyone,
I am researching a father and son, born abt 1825 and 1855 respectively, both of whom declare their 'Occupation' on various documents as 'Coast Guard'.

I would ppreciate advices as to where to look for Coast Guard Service Records both whilst employed and then as 'Retired.

Very many thanks in advance to anyone who can help.
Phil Watford

Re: Coastguards

Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:51 am

I looked for naval records, My HMCG ancestors were in the Royal Navy first then transferred to the Coast Guard service.
http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/reco ... tguard.htm
Post a reply