Moderator Control Panel ]

June issue - your feedback

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

June issue - your feedback

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:59 pm

Hi everyone,

Now that you have all had a fair few weeks to digest our June issue, we'd love to hear your feedback.

Just to recap, the magazine features tips on breaking down brick walls (courtesy of experts from the SoG), a full guide to researching Victorian crime and punishment, a look at the Burton upon Trent brewing industry and much, much more...

Post your thoughts below...

Best,
Jon

p.s. We're going to be attending the York Family History Fair on 29 June and the SWAG Fair in Weston-super-Mare on 13 July. Come and say hello!
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: June issue - your feedback

Postby Sylcec » Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:31 am

Still working my way through the late received June issue - definitely worth waiting for as it has some especially good articles

Have just read the "Focus on The Second Boer War" but amazed not to find reference to this website: http://www.angloboerwar.com/ . This is copied from the home page:
The objective of this site is to make available information on the Anglo Boer War 1899 - 1902 and to provide a forum for discussion of the many aspects of this conflict.

The site is owned by David Biggins, author of three books on the Boer War.

The site is free to use and has grown over the years since it was started by David and his brother Chris in 2004. It currently consists of over 2,500 articles, in excess of 11,000 images and more than 12,500 pages in searchable PDF format.

The site is arranged into several main sections:

Biographical information on the people who were involved in the Boer War
Details of the medals awarded for the Boer War and other contemporary and South African campaigns
Information on the Imperial, Colonial, South African and Boer units that participated
The full text of over 70 Boer War books
Information on David's current and future publications and research projects
Forum
On-line shop

The site includes detailed information on about 30% of participants, including images from rolls etc. I think you should recommend it to readers of WDYTYA.
Cheers
Sylvia
Sylcec

Re: June issue - your feedback

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:32 am

Hi Sylvia,

What a fantastic site - thanks for sharing it! I'm sure we can find a way of letting our other readers know.

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat