Moderator Control Panel ]

photo album mystery - can you help please?

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

photo album mystery - can you help please?

Postby familyNut » Fri May 17, 2013 8:22 am

i found an old 1940's to 1950's photo album at a bootfair last weekend. Its full of wonderful photos of what seems like one family. I find it sad that the family no longer own it and would love to re-unite them so, i hope its okay to post some pics on here in case anyone recognises it.
There is even a photo of a very young Reg Varney which is signed and sends best wishes to 'Pat'

There are very few names but i do have a 'Pat' in the photos. A photo/postcard is addressed to a 'Peggy' from 'Hatta' and though it wasnt sent it has Miss Meakin in pencil on the address side.

I bought it at Dunton bootfair just about 20 miles from Southend on Sea in Essex. There are a few photos of the pier at Southend and some of Thundersley in Essex.
BRAZIER, PETERS, GOTOBED, LILLEY, TURNBULL, REYNOLDS, BONE, BONNINGTON, RIMMER, DREDGE, MEASURES, PATRICK

stores.ebay.co.uk/1-stop-books
familyNut

Re: photo album mystery - can you help please?

Postby familyNut » Fri May 17, 2013 8:32 am

I am unable to post pictures in my post. Can anyone please explain why? I have been a member for 6 years though i admit i dont use it much.

Many thanks
Gill
BRAZIER, PETERS, GOTOBED, LILLEY, TURNBULL, REYNOLDS, BONE, BONNINGTON, RIMMER, DREDGE, MEASURES, PATRICK

familyNut

Postby familyNut » Tue May 28, 2013 9:07 pm

blimey 11 days and 167 views later and not one of you can tell me how to add a picture to my post?

this forum sucks, get new admins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

familyNut

Postby ColinB » Tue May 28, 2013 9:38 pm

You posted a query about this on one of the other boards and I answered the same day suggesting that the ebay address at the bottom of your messages might be causing a problem. This may or may not be the case but you should address your query to the Editor or her assistant , Jon Bauckham , who are the Admins of the forum.

As the forum " sucks " , as you so rudely put it , I don't think any members will be inclined to help !

Colin
ColinB

Postby ksouthall » Wed May 29, 2013 9:49 am

ColinB wrote:As the forum " sucks " , as you so rudely put it , I don't think any members will be inclined to help !

Colin

I agree with Colin on this.
ksouthall

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:43 pm

I've just replied on the other thread - as Colin says, it's because of the web address in your signature. As for the 11-day wait, it's normally much sooner. However, both Sarah and I took holiday at the end of May which explains the delay.
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Photo identification