Moderator Control Panel ]

Forces War Records site

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Forces War Records site

Postby meekhcs » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:04 pm

Caution when using this site. I signed up for a months research but didn't realize there was an automatic renewal button I should have unchecked in" my profile". I therefore paid out more than I planned. Sally
meekhcs

Re: Forces War Records site

Postby Ann Wessels » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:34 am

Hi The same thing happened to me. It is a pity there is no warning. Ann
Ann Wessels

Re: Forces War Records site

Postby nwhite1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:26 pm

I hope I can help with this case.
Please note that Forces War Records do offer a completely free search of the database to see if they have any relevant records within the database and you don't even need to register with them.

If you wish to become a full member you can see details of the costs under the 'Subscription rates.' As for the auto renew payment, there are notifications of this on the subscription rates, also notification of this setting on the payment page when you subscribed in addition to the payment page stating payment is 'per' month and in the Terms and Conditions. Please note you can check your settings by:

Loging into Forces War Records and click on the “Your Profile” button at the top right of the screen

Then under 'Membership' make sure that the box marked 'Auto Renew Membership' is not ticked. If you still have a problem please contact them and they can do it for you.

You will find almost all genealogy websites follow this practice as most members find it a benefit that the system renews their account automatically as they subscribe for multiple months whilst they complete their research.

If you have any issues, problems or questions please contact the 'Customer support' or 'Live Chat' at Forces War Records as ONLY they will have access to your account. They will review your case and if necessary issue a refund.
nwhite1

Return to Genealogy chat