Moderator Control Panel ]

james mongan

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

james mongan

Postby ELIZABETH STEWART » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Ive just discovered on my great grandads marriage lines it states his fathers name is Mark Mongan and on his death certificate it says his name is Luke , this has mixed me up trying to trace my irish ancestors, how can I find out what one to follow
ELIZABETH STEWART

Re: james mongan

Postby Editor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

Hi Elizabeth, can I ask a couple of questions? You don't normally have a father's name on a death certificate so can I just check whose death cert you are talking about, your great grandad's or his father's. I assume, when you say, marriage line, that you are talking about a marriage cert or is this a parish register entry? This will help clarify things for anyone who may be able to help.

Thanks,

Sarah
Editor
Site Admin

Re: james mongan

Postby ELIZABETH STEWART » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Hi Sarah the marriage certificate is for my great grandad James Mongan who married Mary Anne O Brien January 1889 in Cappagh parish county tyrone it says James s fathers name is Mark. James died April 1924 in Glasgow where it says on death certificate that his fathers name is Luke.
ELIZABETH STEWART

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat