Moderator Control Panel ]

January issue - tell us your thoughts!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

January issue - tell us your thoughts!

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:15 pm

Hello,

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year. We've had a busy few days getting the February issue off to print, which goes on sale towards the end of this month (22nd January, to be precise).

In the meantime, we hope you've enjoyed reading our bumper January issue, which comes with our 2013 Web Directory on CD-Rom, 40 free credits to http://www.findmypast.co.uk and a beautiful vintage wallchart.

As ever, we'd be really keen to hear your feedback on the magazine - good or bad. To share your thoughts, post in the thread below or email me at jon [dot] bauckham [at] immediate.co.uk (replace bits in square brackets as necessary - I'm just trying to throw off the spambots!)

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: January issue - tell us your thoughts!

Postby smiddy50 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:03 pm

Hello
I can't find out how to activate the free credits for Find my past.
I have looked on their site but can not find instructions.
Thank you.
Sheila
smiddy50

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Hello Sheila,

Full instructions on how to redeem the credits are included on page 29 of the magazine.

First, you will need to visit the exact web address mentioned under the section entitled How do I activate my free credits?. Once you've done that, make note of the special code and then click on the claim free credits button. From then on, it should be fairly straightforward – but do let me know if you encounter any problems :)

I've just tested it out, and I can confirm that it works.

Best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby smiddy50 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:23 pm

Thank you for your reply .
Sorry, I must be missing something.
I have visited the exact web address mentioned on page 29 but it keeps taking me to the home page for Find my Past where I can not find a special code. :?
Sheila
smiddy50

Postby smiddy50 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm

So sorry, my son has sorted it for me! :D
He says I am a silly old woman!! :roll:
smiddy50

Postby karenjev » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Hi bought the Jan 2013 issue of your magazine yesterday for the first time and thought I would send some feedback. I love it!! Read it from cover to cover in one sitting and already have some ideas on how to get round some of the 'brick walls' I've got. I have been considering a subscription to one of the family history magazines and yours is the front runner at the moment. Thanks for a great issue!
Karen
karenjev

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Hi bought the Jan 2013 issue of your magazine yesterday for the first time and thought I would send some feedback. I love it!! Read it from cover to cover in one sitting and already have some ideas on how to get round some of the 'brick walls' I've got. I have been considering a subscription to one of the family history magazines and yours is the front runner at the moment. Thanks for a great issue!

Ah, thanks Karen! Those comments mean a lot to us, and we're glad it was a good read. Do let us know when you manage to break down a brick wall, so we can feature your findings in the letters section.

We're actually offering a special deal on subscriptions at the moment - if you sign up by direct debit, you can pick up the first five issues for just £5.

http://www.buysubscriptions.com/history ... bscription

Jon
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat