Moderator Control Panel ]

Merry Christmas

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Merry Christmas

Postby ColinB » Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:56 pm

Just off to the Lake District for two weeks so Merry Christmas everyone and Happy Hunting !

Colin
ColinB

Re: Merry Christmas

Postby Sylcec » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:53 pm

Sounds like a good place to go in hopes of experiencing a white Christmas - take care and enjoy, Colin. I only remember 2 white Christmases - one when I was maybe 6 or 7 years old and we were staying at Ibstock Grange farmhouse in Leicestershire, I remember waking to a snowy scene. The other was when I was about 14 and doing a newspaper round in Ruislip, Middx - Christmas Day was OK, but I awoke on Boxing Day to thick snow and needed to get to Smith's to collect my papers - had to do it on foot, the bicycle couldn't get through. Think that I delivered the last paper about midday!! :)
Does anyone else have memories of white Christmases past?

No chance of anything like that in Sydney though! Am looking forward to preparing lunch for my daughter and family - it will be a salmon dish and salads. Thankfully am presently enjoying good health - this time last year was in hospital on chemo for AML and only got out 2 days before Christmas.

Wishing you all every blessing for a happy, healthy Christmas and 2013 with lots of great genealogical finds!

Sylvia
Sylcec

Postby meekhcs » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:07 am

I remember the same Boxing Day snow Sylvia! My family and I were living on a Farm on the edge of Crondall, Hampshire at the time. My Grandfather was staying with us , but my Grandmother was in Gillingham Kent as my Aunt had given birth just before Christmas. The snow came down on Boxing Day but my Grandfather still drove all the way to Kent!!

The snow lasted until Easter, and was so deep out in the countryside that we walked on top of the hedgerows!

This Christmas will be a special one for my husband and I. Our Family will be together, and our first grandchild will be celebrating his first Christmas with us.

Merry Christmas Everyone, thanks for your help throughout the year.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby ritah » Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:32 pm

I certainly remember the white christmas of 1981 as my eldest son decided to put in an appearance on Christmas Day much to our surprise as he wasn't due for a while, all ended happily fortunately!

Best wishes to everyone whether you are a contributor to this forum or staff at the magazine.

Rita
ritah

Return to Genealogy chat