Moderator Control Panel ]

John Bishop's episode

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

John Bishop's episode

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:55 pm

Hello,

It's been a long wait, but John Bishop's WDYTYA? outing will finally be shown tomorrow night! It's a cracking episode, revealing the military kin with whom the Liverpudlian comedian shares more in common with than first meets the eye.

So – make sure you tune in at 9pm on BBC One (we will be!)

As ever, you can share your thoughts on the episode by posting in the thread below.

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: John Bishop's episode

Postby Jeeps » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 pm

I thought it was a great episode! John Bishop is so natural infront of the camera and he really drew me into the stories. Really liked that he said the information brought forward more questions than answers and I would love to see more about this family.

I said this on another site but I so wish the Beeb would make a sister programme in the same way ITV do I'm A Celebrity and also Get Me Out Of Here Now. It could show how the genealogists worked and what brick walls they hit, how they got round them, how they found their leads etc.. I did feel the start of the programme glossed over how it was established John was looking at the correct Charles Bishop and a sister programme could have laid the information out for us.
~~Jeeps~~
Jeeps

Postby ritah » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm

An excellent episode, well worth waiting for.

Rita
ritah

Postby Tabithabenef » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:26 am

Have to admit i had never heard of John Bishop or seen anything he had done

However I thought this was one of the best ones of the series

He was so genuine and the whole programme was really interesting

Nearly back to the old style format - lets hope the makers realise this and keep them to the same style
Tabithabenef

Postby meekhcs » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:47 pm

Absolutely brilliant! The gentlemen featured certainly made the best of their lives.

Sally
meekhcs

Postby myrtlebird8 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:15 pm

Missed it! Gutted! Can I watch it on line anywhere? It doesn't seem to be on iplayer...
myrtlebird8

Postby MANDATE7 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:59 am

Watched the delayed episode with John Bishop and was amazed when it got to Thomas Beaton he was my great-great grandfather, so I have now got a Liverpool comedian as a distant relation.
Thomas was present at my great grandfather's, John Thomas Beaton wedding in 1874, but the programme did n't elaborate on what happened after he left the navy.
Does anybody have any other information, especially, when he died or other children apart from Elizabeth :?:
Also my connection with Liverpool does not end there as my great- great grandfather, Henry John Mears, on my father's side was born in Liverpool and his father was also called Thomas
MANDATE7

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012