Moderator Control Panel ]

December issue on sale tomorrow!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

December issue on sale tomorrow!

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 am

Hello everyone!

The December issue goes on sale tomorrow and should have started reaching subscribers already.

Inside, we have the best guide to tracing your WW2 ancestors, expert tips on using the census online and even a complete history of baking.

Got issues with the issue? Has an error induced terror?

Let us know by posting below...

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: December issue on sale tomorrow!

Postby AndrewColtart » Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:16 pm

I absolutely love WDYTYA Magazine , my only comment would be please include more articles about Scotland, I appreciate its not the biggest or most populated of the UK countries but it has given a lot to making Britain Great... Inventers,Engineers,Artists,Architects, the list goes on plus the number of Scots who were effectively some of the White slaves along with those from Ireland who helped dig the tunnels and canals of Britain to make everywhere accessable, and finally the many Scots who fought in all of the major Wars and Battles of the Empire. Please if Genealogy is to become as popular in Scotland as it is in the rest of country then give us something to read about in an otherwise fantastic magazine .
AndrewColtart

Postby junkers » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:02 pm

Jon,

I agree with Andrew, family history magazines generally do not mention Scotland and its archives, maybe they think because a lot of Scottish records are online that they shouldn't mention them in articles, it was after all a Scotsman who created the Bank of England.

I am put off by such statements as "the best guide" and "the complete history of baking" and I would expect a large book on baking, they are only as good as the next article, book, etc. What I would like to see are articles over the next few months about the numerous anniversaries (50th and 125th) in 2013.
junkers

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:05 pm

Hello,

Thanks for your comments. It's really helpful for us to receive feedback about the range of content that we provide.

I'll have a word with Sarah about including some more material relating to Scotland – maybe along the lines of what you mention, Andrew.

Although it can sometimes prove difficult, we do try to make sure that our content represents as much of the British Isles as possible. As you will have seen, this month's local industry feature focused on the lives of herring girls working down the East Coast and our December issue contained a large article on Annie Lennox's family tree.

If it helps, I'm actually just working on a news story about a major Scottish release due for launch tomorrow (the exact details of which are still top secret!)

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat