Moderator Control Panel ]

Magazine Subscription woes!

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Magazine Subscription woes!

Postby IanCussell » Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:58 pm

This is now getting completely ridiculous, in July of this year I received a letter from Immediate Media stating that they had tried to collect my subscription and it had been refused. The bank details they provided to me had not been used for over a year, as I had provided them with the new bank account details from which they were to claim my subscription. I could not understand why they had not deleted the old details.

I phoned Immediate Media and gave them the current account details to be told by the telephonist "oh yes, we already have that account number". I was then told my account had been deactivated and it would be reactivated and I would receive my magazine shortly.

On the 13th August the subscription fees were taken from my account, by the end of August I still hadn't received my magazine. I phoned Immediate Media to be told my account was deactivated they would reinstate it and send me my magazine.

September I never received my magazine, I phoned again and my account was deactivated again, the telephone advisor said my account was reactivated and they would get a line manager and the accounts department to contact me, which they never did, and I still did not receive my magazine.

Exactly the same happened in October. I eventually received my magazines (July, August and September) at the beginning of October, however I still have not been contacted by a line manager, or the accounts department. We are now almost in November and once again I have still not received the November Issue of the magazine that I have paid for. I have no doubt that I will get fobbed off again when I phone again tomorrow.
IanCussell

Re: Magazine Subscription woes!

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:58 am

Dear Ian,

I'm very sorry for the problems you have experienced with the subscriptions department. It's really not acceptable and I will have a word with the relevant people to make sure it is sorted out over the next few days.

In the meantime, if you send me your postal address via a private message or email to the address in my signature, I'll be more than happy to pop the November and December issues in an envelope for you.

Best regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Magazine chat