Moderator Control Panel ]

New series of wdytya

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

New series of wdytya

Postby cathyhudd » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:33 pm

I have just read that David Suchet of Poirot fame is going to be on the next series. Any news on who else will be on?
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

RE: New series of wdytya

Postby Broadsword » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:03 pm

Where did you hear that? I haven't heard anything yet.
Broadsword

Postby cathyhudd » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:40 pm

It was on teletext because he had spoken about it in a televison interview. The only episode I haven't watched is Carol Vorderman because I find her very irritating. I did change my mind about Moira Stewart when I watched her episode though. I always thought her rather cold but I cried with her when she found out about her ancestors.
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

Postby silvery » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:20 am

Carol Vorderman was one of the annoying ones, with all sorts of contrived situations, one example, people in a shop instantly recognising an old photo, (unlikely).

I've still missed several.
silvery

RE: New Series of WDYTYA

Postby Broadsword » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:06 pm

I'd hardly call the ending of Carol Vorderman's story contrived. If anything, hers has the most saddest resolution as her estranged father died just as she was discovering what sort of man he was.
Broadsword

RE: New Series of WDYTYA

Postby worrals » Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:26 am

Hi,
I see in the newspaper today Boris Johnson will be in the next series! Should be entertaining.
Apparently he said his gt gt grandmother was a Circassian slave from a region in southern Russia and was sold to his gt gt grandfather after she fled from war to Turkey in around 1862. She was set free only when the couple later married.
Unfortunately the researchers only managed to get back to his gt grandfather. So the tale had to be treated as family folklore.
I look forward to the programme!!
Worrals.
worrals

RE: New Series Announced!

Postby Admin » Thu Apr 03, 2008 6:06 pm

[url=http://www.bbcwhodoyouthinkyouare.com/news.php?id=41314]Click here to read who will be taking part in the new series.[/url]
If you have any technical difficulties, email EdwardHerbert@magazine-services.co.uk
Admin

Postby margaretabram » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:13 pm

Again a great line up! I'm looking forward to Boris Johnson and Jerry Springer. I thought Pantsy Kensit might be a bit dull, but having read the BBC press release the criminal element sounds really interesting. The only one that leaves me a bit cold is Jodie Kidd. Somehow the wealthy family histories seem less intriguing than the seemingly more ordinary ones, so hers needs to have a terrific story to tell to get my interest. I know we need a mix of backgrounds, but in my opinion the "ordinary" family histories are more fun.
Mags
margaretabram

Postby Annie08 » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:20 am

I read the Press Release with interest. All the celebrities stories sound interesting. Not sure about Jodie Kidd but then I'm not really familiar with what she does -I sure though that it will be just as interesting as anyone elses. I'm looking forward to Lawrence and Jerry probably because they are quite flamboyant personalities, but that shouldn't detract from the others. I'm looking forward to the whole series and hoping that it will give me ideas for different angles on the way I can take my own family history. My only complaint is that the series isn't longer with more celebrities.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby cathyhudd » Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:13 pm

I don't know what happened to David Suchet then. Perhaps he was mis-quoted on the teletext interview. I am enjoying the repeats of WDYTYA on sky. Since I saw the first series I have been tracing my own family and it's much more intersting if you know a little bit about what they are talking about. Although I have watched the programme from the start it was the Ian Hislop episode that got me really thinking about my family and I was able to trace and subsuquently visit the grave of my great-uncle who was killed in WW1. I am particularly looking forward to Boris Johnson.
cathyhudd

Next

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat