Moderator Control Panel ]

When will John Bishop's episode be shown?

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

When will John Bishop's episode be shown?

Postby kiterunner » Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:28 am

The Radio Times is showing that a new series, "Brazil with Michael Palin", starts at 9 p.m. on BBC1 on Wednesday 24th October, when I would have expected to see the John Bishop episode of WDYTYA. Is there any information on why this episode is not being shown on that date, and when it will be shown, please?
kiterunner

Re: When will John Bishop's episode be shown?

Postby junkers » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:48 pm

In theory it should be on the 24th October at 9 pm!, this has no doubt been caused by the BBC in their wisdom cancelling last week's episode of WDYTYA from two weeks ago and not telling the Radio Times.
junkers

Postby g w aldous » Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:49 am

this episode will be aired later in the year, as said this is because there was a missed episode and next week 24th a new series with Mr Palin starts.
g w aldous

Postby MartinJ1952 » Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:15 am

Perhaps they should postpone the start of the Brazil Series by 1 week!!!
Martin
MartinJ1952

Postby Bonbon187 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:33 pm

Me and my husband look forward to wdytya every week and feel cheated when it is taken off and something else aired. With John Bishops high profile these days, we were really interested in this episode and are very disappointed to see it missing!
Bonbon187

Postby mjennings4 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 pm

It was disgraceful for the BBC to miss one episode but now to postpone the John Bishop episode for a new Michael Palin series (good though he may be) demonstrates the BBC's lack of concern for the licence fee payer. The arrogance of these people is staggering! Who do they think they are?
mjennings4

Postby Marktewk » Sat Oct 27, 2012 1:37 am

John Bishop episode will be broadcast 12 Dec 2012 (source: John Bishop's Facebook page and Wikipedia). Nothing on the BBC website of course! NB: This is only a provisional date to be confirmed by the BBC.
Marktewk

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:47 am

Yes, it has unfortunately been rescheduled until the end of the year. Like you say, the December date is still only provisional so I can't say for certain that it will be shown then. It's something that we have no control over - we've actually had to re-work entire features because of it. We feel your pain!
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby jay4jen@fsmail.net » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:42 pm

At last i've found the reason behind the final episode of series nine not being shown. It threw me when it wasn't on for two weeks and then returned...i thought it may have been something to do with half term...so i was looking out for it again tonight. I watch most stuff on i-player and obviously there is no mention of changes. So i don't have to keep looking out for the programme when it is finally shown, is there any chance i'll get some kind of reminder e-mail via WDYTYA or BBC? is this asking too much?? :)
jay4jen@fsmail.net

Postby ritah » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Just keep up to date with this forum, I'm sure an eagle eyed member will spot it in the radio times or elsewhere and quickly post a message.

Rita
ritah

Next

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012