Moderator Control Panel ]

When will John Bishop's episode be shown?

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

Re: When will John Bishop's episode be shown?

Postby junkers » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:29 pm

But can we trust what is in the Radio Times as the BBC in their infinitive wisdom replaced one episode with a Panorama programme.
junkers

Postby Millst » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:36 pm

I was disappointed to find that the other recent episodes have been taken off iplayer, or at least I can't find them. I had missed one or two but they disappeared a couple of week's ago.
Millst

Postby craig01970 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:59 pm

Just read on his Facebook page it'll be shown. On the 6th December
craig01970

Postby Tryp » Thu Nov 29, 2012 6:41 pm

Is the 6th of December date a certainty though? The BBC seem to be trying to find anything to fill this slot in the schedule, and why they can't just change the time of WDYTYA or the "replacement" programs is beyond me.

Is there something unpalatable or controversial about John Bishop's episode that they're not sure about airing? Is it so feelgood that they want to roll it out nearer Christmas? Whatever it is, it's an extremely poor decision that has broken the continuity of a very popular series with loyal viewers. I count myself among them and personally love tuning in to see histories unravelling, and all the characters of the past coming to life.

One letdown of this whole series however is that some celebrities are focussing on just one ancestor for almost the entire episode, which doesn't seem to give a good overall picture of their history or background. Patrick Stewart was an example of this, his tree was only really explored as far back as his father, and most of this episode turned to general war history which became pretty tedious. Hugh Dennis' episode was almost entirely general war history, although it may just seem less original or interesting as there have already been so many exhausting war documentaries.

I'd love to see both the paternal and maternal lines explored equally too, as it seems strange to favour the history of one side over the other when we are equally from both sides.

Sorry about the rambling, I love the show and long may it continue!
Tryp

Postby ritah » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:26 pm

I think 6th December is fairly certain as the BBC are now showing trailers to the show and it looks as if it will be very good.

Here's hoping!

Rita
ritah

Postby junkers » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:31 pm

I believe that it is to be shown on Thursday but until then I won't believe it until I see it!, still no excuse/reason from the BBC why it was cancelled.
junkers

Postby KayFarndon » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:12 pm

John Bishop's programme will be shown this week, Thursday 6th December on BBC1, I think 9pm.
Kay Farndon
KayFarndon

Postby Jon Bauckham » Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:17 am

Yep, you're quite right - it will be shown this Thursday at 9pm on BBC One. We've got some unseen footage and a full episode guide to upload after it airs.
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012