Moderator Control Panel ]

Did I miss something?

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

Did I miss something?

Postby Ladkyis » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Here I am on October 3rd getting ready for a good evening with WDYTYA when the announcer on BBC1 tells me that there is a Panorama programme on at nine o' clock. I check the newspaper and the programme guide on the TV and they all tell me that WDYTYA isn't on tonight.

WHY NOT???????

When will we see the rest of this series? I really hate it when companies do things like this. I suppose that next week there will be bloomin' football or something and I will have to miss one of the two things I bother to watch AGAIN!

Excuse me while I have a bit of a stamp and a shout.

~wanders of muttering that one day she will no longer be a minority group and then watch out~
First rule of Holes: When you are in one, stop digging!
Ladkyis

Re: Did I miss something?

Postby ColinB » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Glad it's not just us. Just checked this evening's schedule to sort out some recording and WDYTYA isn't there - what a disappointment !

Colin
ColinB

Postby BrianC48 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:29 pm

I also planned to watch this evenings episode.

Checked my electronic TV guide for next Wednesday at 9.00 pm and it scheduled for 10th October!

Have the BBC cancelled it? Have the viewing figures been poor as I have noticed a few adverse comments recently about the series.
BrianC48

Postby Bobo12 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:24 pm

According to the National Archives site this programme will be on next week.
Bob
Bobo12

Postby Millst » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:38 pm

So glad that the Celia Imrie episode is on next week. I was so looking forward to it and was really disappointed when it was cancelled.
Millst

Postby callbrian » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:36 am

Hi
In all fairness to the BBC, it was announced immediately after William Roache's episode, that it would return in two weeks.
I couldn't understand why the Panorama programme replaced it, surely that could have been scheduled for another slot.
It is one of those unfortunate things that all channels seem to do, along with shrinking the credits so they can't be read or the credits being rolled so fast you need to record them so you can read them.

My gripe!

Brian
Last edited by callbrian on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:24 am

Indeed, the BBC decided to push the episode back a week to make way for Panorama. I have no idea why they did this, but we didn't find out until after the William Roache episode had been shown either. Apologies for not giving any advance notice.
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012