Moderator Control Panel ]

November issue on sale today! Let us know your thoughts.

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

November issue on sale today! Let us know your thoughts.

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:35 pm

Hello everyone!

The November edition of the magazine went on sale today, and copies should have already landed on subscribers' doormats. It's an exciting issue – and that's not just because it's the first one I've worked on!

Inside, we have all the information you would ever need about making the most of parish records, how to research Blitz sites and all the bits you didn't get to see about Annie Lennox's ancestors in her WDYTYA? episode.

As ever, it's really helpful for us to find out what you think. Let us know by posting in the thread below.

All the best,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Re: November issue on sale today! Let us know your thoughts.

Postby BobsyWobsy » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Intersting as usual except for my download experience etc this pm.
Why did my Emai have mattWDYTYAelton if he moved in August :?:
Bob T.
BobsyWobsy

Postby BobsyWobsy » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Jon
Thanks for your Email.& very quick reply, glad it is sorted.
Now downloaded it.
Bob T. :D
BobsyWobsy

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:30 am

That's not a problem :) Just so everyone else is aware, the County Londonderry Emigrants List should now be downloading properly, and not just coming up with a blank page. We're at a loss as to why this was the case - the file was clearly corrupted in some way. I've now reformatted it and created a new PDF.

Also, Bob, you're quite right - the FAQs document does need updating with my details! Matt's now left the magazine (although he is only three desks away on BBC History).
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Millst » Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:22 pm

I was delighted to read Claire Samuel's email about her family in Chile as my grandparents were there from 1913 to 1930 (except for WW1) and my father and his siblings were born in Valparaiso. My grandfather was an engineer for the extensions to Valparaiso harbour.

At least three generations of the family lived in India, some in the army and some in the civil service and I have done quite a lot of research on them.

I have already emailed a fuller reply to Sarah Williams including information about birth certificates.
Millst

Postby Canucky Woman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:11 pm

My thought? That I love the magazine but can't justify paying 15 euros an issue. :(

I'm used to paying between 6 and 9 euros for British magazines in Holland, where I currently live, but FIFTEEN? And that's a rise of three euros from only a few months ago!!! sigh...
Canucky Woman

Postby ritah » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:18 pm

15 euros does seem expensive but I suppose by the time you have included postage and packing etc to europe perhaps its not quite so bad. Is this the subscription rate?

This months magazine is as full of excellent stories and information as ever, loved the article on 17 year old William Turner's family research.

Rita
ritah

Postby Canucky Woman » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:53 pm

ritah wrote:15 euros does seem expensive but I suppose by the time you have included postage and packing etc to europe perhaps its not quite so bad. Is this the subscription rate?

This months magazine is as full of excellent stories and information as ever, loved the article on 17 year old William Turner's family research.

Rita

Newsstand price in Amsterdam. Almost twice the price of other UK magazines here. And, like I said, a 3 euro rise in only a couple of months.

Yeah, a subscription's on my Christmas list...but the price does discourage people from outside the UK from even checking the magazine out, I would think...
Canucky Woman

Return to Magazine chat