Moderator Control Panel ]

William Roache's episode

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

Re: William Roache's episode

Postby jkk » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:06 pm

penbex86 wrote:The residence at time of marriage on the first certificate is Rutland House for William and Alton Towers for Hester .... but the second one states (possibly) Uttoxeter and Alton?... Can you explain the anomalies?

FWIW, Uttoxeter is pretty close to Alton Towers - it's about 10 miles away and is arguable the nearest decent-sized town.
jkk

Postby Loish711 » Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:36 am

My partner and myself found this one ofthe best programme of the series, yet again proving that people you aren't expecting to be very good can surprise us all. All the ones we've enjoyed over the years have been of people we'd barely heard of or don't particularly rate as stars but they've seem to have been the most down to earth and moving stories in real life. Think we often have to greater expectation on those we do like as somehow we think we know them already and it's a disappointment when they don't live up to expectations. So please don't do either John Simm or Neil Oliver or I'll be totally devastated- I prefer my illusions. :lol:
Loish711

Postby Jowheat » Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:43 pm

Hi,
I looked on the 1911 census, and Zillah & Albert apparently had 4 children, one of whom had died before 1911.
Just saying.
Jo
Jowheat

Postby Canucky Woman » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:08 pm

I watched this episode last week with my husband, and his imagination went wild. He's determined that the reason Zillah's daughter Lavinia was living with the grandparents, listed as a daughter on the census, and the beneficiary of her grandfather's estate is because she was actually the product of an affair between Zillah and her father-in-law.

And my husband doesn't watch soaps! :P

He says it could explain a lot...including Albert's drinking and violence (not an excuse by any means, but a reaction) and the family story that she had a different father...
Canucky Woman

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012