Moderator Control Panel ]

Who would you like to see next?

Recently watched a repeat and discovered something new? Have a query about how the show is made? This is the place to have your say

RE: Who would you like to see next?

Postby RichardCrane » Fri May 23, 2008 7:30 pm

I agree that some non-celebrities should be featured in WDYTYA. I would like to see a family relative of the late Dr. Fred Dibnah to explore the famous steeplejack's family history. Fred Dibnah would be honoured if one out of his five children or even his widow, Shelia Dibnah researched his family. It will be interesting to see if any jobs that his ancestors did that made him become a steeplejack in Bolton. Also, it would be nice to know the origin of the name Dibnah!

Richard Crane
RichardCrane

Postby Baggybooks » Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:56 am

Can I suggest Mark Strong? I love his narration and he's a fine actor - surely he's worthy of a programme?

Or have I already missed him...?
Helen - searching for Abbotts and Monks - East London - 1850's onwards!

Also Lingards - where are you all?
Baggybooks

Postby Annie08 » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:20 pm

Mark Strong - that's a good idea. After all these years narrating other celebrities family history - why not do Mark's tree?

Annie08
Annie08

Postby june41 » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

It would be nice to see a celebrity with some Scottish roots so that we can see how you go about looking for ancestors. I know you can go to Register House but online it is very difficult (even with Scottishpeople). Help please.

Thanks
june41

Postby Baggybooks » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:00 pm

Might be that they've already tried but hit the same walls.

It would be interesting to know how many stories never get made, simply because they've not been able to get through.

Even with professional researchers on the case, they must surely suffer the same frustrations as us?
Helen - searching for Abbotts and Monks - East London - 1850's onwards!

Also Lingards - where are you all?
Baggybooks

Postby colliehouse » Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:50 am

That's interesting June41, I have found it much easier to find the Scottish elements of my family online through Scotlands People. I've found them and been able to check that I'd found the right person because you can access the certificates on the website.
I've found researching the English parts very difficult due to trawling through pages and pages of indexing and not being sure if I'd got the right person - have wasted money on ordering the wrong certificates more than once.
I do agree though that it would be very interesting to see someone with Scottish roots covered.
Sally
colliehouse

Previous

Return to General Who Do You Think You Are? chat