Moderator Control Panel ]

Gregg Wallace's episode

From Annie Lennox and Gregg Wallace to Alex Kingston and Patrick Stewart, join us every week to share your thoughts about the most recent series of WDYTYA?

Re: Gregg Wallace's episode

Postby Loish711 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:59 am

Yes I too used to like it when the celebrity went back to their relatives and fill them in on what they had found. Why has this aspect of the programme been cut I wonder :?:
Loish711

Postby ksouthall » Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:27 am

Loish711 wrote:Yes I too used to like it when the celebrity went back to their relatives and fill them in on what they had found. Why has this aspect of the programme been cut I wonder :?:

I like the bit where they go back to tell the family too, but maybe they had to cut it because they had already got enough for the final edit? I can't see how they would have fitted it in anyway.

Also, the relatives may not have wanted that bit to be shown - it could depend on their feelings and reaction too. If Greg's mum found the news really upsetting, which would be understandable given all the tragedies in Henry's life, she might not have wanted her reaction shown on TV. If that is the case, she and other relatives, have a right to make that choice as they aren't famous and have no duty to the public to have their stories told on TV. After all, it was Greg who agreed to appear in the programme, not his mother.
ksouthall

Postby meekhcs » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:34 pm

Have only just caught up with the episode. My heart went out to Greg and the Family. It just goes to show you cannot judge a book by its cover!

Sally
meekhcs

Previous

Return to Who Do You Think You Are? 2012