Moderator Control Panel ]

Charles William Wilson

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Charles William Wilson

Postby blackdiamond » Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:28 am

My great grandfather was Charles William Wilson. I only have two facts:
1 - He married Eliza Annie Hill on 29/4/1888 and named his father as Henry (a painter)
2 - He was residing at 49 Henley Street, Battersea, Surrey in the 1901 census with his wife Eliza and children Charles, Frederick, Ellen, William (my grandfather) and John.

Although the census states he was born in 1868 in Lambeth, I have never found any record of his baptism or registered birth. In the 1881 census their is a Charles Wilson aged 13 in Barnados Home, 18-26 Stepney Causeway, London, Middx and another in Lambeth Workhouse School, Elder Road, Lower Norwood, Lambeth, Surrey. I would like to hear from anyone with any information on either of these establishments. Any information on any Charles William Wilson would be welcome. He was a house painter by trade and mixed his own colours. I am unable to find him in the 1911 census although his wife Eliza was in Wandsworth Union Workhouse and my grandfather William was sent to HMS Exmouth training ship for boys.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
blackdiamond

Re: Charles William Wilson

Postby SER1 » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:48 pm

You need to post this on the "Help with your research" page
SER1

Re: Charles William Wilson

Postby blackdiamond » Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:16 am

Thanks - I'm new to this. Took me ages to find where to post anything!
blackdiamond

Return to Genealogy chat