Moderator Control Panel ]

Podcast

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Podcast

Postby callbrian » Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 am

Hi
I have tried to activate the Podcast, without any success. Is it me or is there a problem?

Brian
[color=#0000FF]callbrian[/color]
callbrian

Re: Podcast

Postby ritah » Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:58 pm

I can't get it to run either!

Rita
ritah

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:26 am

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems getting our new podcast to work. This appears to be a problem with the player rather than the first episode itself, meaning that you can listen to the instalment directly in your browser by clicking on the following link:

http://77.243.180.44/cdn.bbcmagazinesbr ... _Jul12.mp3

We're also going to be making every episode available to download from iTunes as soon as Apple has given us clearance - hopefully by the end of next week. If anyone has any more problems or queries in the meantime, though, please do drop me a line at matt.elton@immediate.co.uk or let me know in this thread.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby joannelovesbooks » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:32 am

Can you please tell me if it is yet possible to subscribe to the podcast via iTunes? I have been searching for it via the iTunes store but haven't managed to find it.

Thanks
Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Dear Joanne,

Thank you for your message. There's a very simple answer to this – unfortunately, the podcast hasn't actually been added to iTunes yet.

However, it is available at this link:
http://www.whodoyouthinkyouaremagazine.com/news/listen-who-do-you-think-you-are-magazine-podcast

Our digital team have been very busy over the past couple of months, meaning that we haven't been able to upload it to the store, or indeed, make any more! We will hopefully be heading back into the studio to record a follow-up on Thursday.

Please let me know if you have any other queries.

Kind regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby joannelovesbooks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:33 am

Hi Jon

Thanks for letting me know. It's disappointing to hear the podcast isn't available to download yet but reassuring to know it's not just me going mad. I'll listen to the one that's available from your site and look forward to others in the future.

Thanks
Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:51 am

Update:

If all goes according to plan, we will be going into the studio next week. The new podcast will be uploaded by Christmas - hopefully on iTunes as well.
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Return to Technical help