Moderator Control Panel ]

WDYTYA Magazine App.

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

WDYTYA Magazine App.

Postby Carole Miles Freeman » Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:37 am

I am now receiving my magazines on my IPad through your App and I wanted to tell you and other readers how fantastic it is! I love reading the mag on my IPAD it is very convenient, easy to read, and so much cheaper. Buying the magazines here in Canada costs three times as much as it does through the App. This is fantastic as I though I would have to give it up because of the cost. Not Now! Now I can afford a subscription. Also, I receive my copy the same time as others in the UK instead of two or three months later!! Thank you!
Carole Miles Freeman

Re: WDYTYA Magazine App.

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am

Hi Carole,

Thanks very much for your message - that's great to hear. The fact that every issue now reaches you at the same time as readers in the UK is definitely one of the great advantages of the digital editions. If you ever have any queries or worries, though, please do drop me a line at matt.elton@immediate.co.uk.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby joannelovesbooks » Tue May 14, 2013 3:48 am

I would like to endorse Carole's comments about how great it is to read the magazine on the iPad. I agree with all the benefits she mentions, as I am also living overseas temporarily. Another advantage of this method of reading the magazine is that all the web references in the magazine are hyperlinked, so at any point I can click through to the resources mentioned.

I do have one niggle with the magazine since the introduction of the ipad app though: when I am partway through an issue and close the app or turn the iPad off I have to find the page I was up to again every time. Before the existence of the app I used to be taken straight back to the page I had most recently been reading everytime I opened the magazine. Any chance you could fix this?

Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue May 14, 2013 1:52 pm

Hi Joanne,

Glad to hear you like the app! However, the fact it forgets which page you last looked at is quite frustrating indeed. I'll get in touch with our digital team to see if they can fix this in the next update.

Kind regards,
Jon
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby joannelovesbooks » Wed May 15, 2013 9:58 pm

That would be lovely. Thank you.

Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby Jon Bauckham » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:11 pm

Sorry for the delay on this - I'll chase it up now!
I've now left Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine. Please contact wdytyaeditorial@immediate.co.uk regarding any forum queries.
Jon Bauckham

Postby Jon Bauckham » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:02 pm

Hello,

I've just spoken to Gordon down in our digital department and he says that this shouldn't be happening in the latest version of the app (version 2.0). If you haven't already done so, he recommends upgrading - it's a complete overhaul of the previous version.

Although you will have to re-download any magazines you previously had on your device, the new version has a much better interface and the file sizes for each issue are considerably smaller.

Hope that helps.
Jon
Jon Bauckham

Postby joannelovesbooks » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:35 am

Hi John

Thanks for following that up for me. it's good to hear that the app will now remember the page I was up to, although it's frustrating to hear that I will need to download all my previous issues again because I am currently living in Australia where internet usage is extremely expensive and metered. Hopefully I won't need to re-download every time there is an upgrade!

Many thanks
Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby joannelovesbooks » Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:48 am

Hi Jon

I checked the other day that I had the most recent upgrade and I reinstalled all the issues of the magazine again, but the problem hasn't been resolved. The app remembers the page I was up to if I simply switch to another app and back again, but if I close the app and reopen it, or if I turn the iPad off and on again it takes me back to the home page and then when I select the issue it goes back to the front cover.

Sorry I called you John in my lass message BTW!

Joanne
joannelovesbooks

Postby Jon Bauckham » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi Joanne,

I've spoken to our digital team again and they cannot replicate the same bug on their office iPad. Could you let me know which device you are using and what version of iOS it is running? That way they can try and recreate the problem and see if it can be fixed.

No worries about the name!

Thanks,
Jon
Jon Bauckham

Next

Return to Magazine chat