Moderator Control Panel ]

Mary Winefride Robertson -- Any news at all

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Mary Winefride Robertson -- Any news at all

Postby bruce151 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:34 pm

Hello,
I am seeking any information on Mary Winefride Robertson, born Fu Zhou China January 1888.
Her parents are Horatio John Robertson and Wilhelmina Agnes Livingstone. Their history I am aware.
What I do know is that although named Mary it seems her existance when emigrated to BC Canada
(1888) was under the name Hypatia Robertson and lived there until shortly after her fathers
death in 1903.
She, together with her mother, emigrated to England in 1905. It appears she was in early pregnancy
and eventually gave birth to a son Gerald later in 1905 he then been fostered it seems to a family of
surname Lang.
It seems she occasionally went by the name Hypatia and also by her birth name of Mary whilst living in
England and Scotland. After her mother died in 1920 it seems that she fell into poor times.
She eventually died in Hellingly Hospital 1967. Patience was another name she may have used.
All seems odd but have some level of confidence in the information I`ve provided via contacts with
2nd and 3rd cousins of mine....
Any further information would be appreciated especially between 1920 and 1967...
Thanks, Bruce....
bruce151

Re: Mary Winefride Robertson -- Any news at all

Postby Fairmannangela » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:01 pm

Hello Bruce
I found your enquiry about Hypatia Robertson and have some news if you are still interested!
Angela
Fairmannangela

Re: Mary Winefride Robertson -- Any news at all

Postby ritah » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:15 pm

Hello Angela

It is possible that Bruce may not be looking at this site after such a long time. You could try sending him a private message, you do this when you have logged in and found the message you want to respond to, you will see the PM symbol, click on that and you should be able to send a message to Bruce direct assuming his details are still the same.

Good luck

Rita
ritah

Return to Genealogy chat