Moderator Control Panel ]

Unable to access bonus content

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Unable to access bonus content

Postby Tibbies » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Hi Matt

Today I tried to download WDYTYA online discs without success, I haven't been able to download content for issues 58-62;

These are the messages I got when I clicked on download content on each issue.

FIREFOX
Server not found
Firefox can't find the server at cdn.bbcmagazinesbristol.com.

BT INTERNET EXPLORER
Sorry, the website cdn.bbcmagazinesbristol.com could not be found

As each issue will be only be available online for 3 months; I am now concerned I will lose access to data I have paid for.

Debbie
Tibbies

Re: Unable to access bonus content

Postby suedel » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:54 am

Hi Matt,

I too am unable to access the bonus content for issues 61 and 62, but I did download the previous issues with no problems.
I have tried on four different computers,(two desktops and two laptops),using Windows XP, Windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional, and using Internet Explorer and Firefox. I get roughly the same messages as Debbie.
I have already sent an email to you, so hopefully I will hear something soon.

Regards,
Suedel
suedel

Postby Matt Elton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:26 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your messages - yes, we've been experiencing some issues with our external servers over the weekend, which means that the bonus content data is currently unavailable. Our online team are looking into things as we speak, and I'll come straight back to this thread as soon as I know more. Apologies for the problems...

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby Matt Elton » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:02 am

Hi again,

Right, our online team have just told me that they've had an update from the company that looks after our servers. The problem has now been fixed, which means that you should now be able to download the bonus content as usual. In some cases the change may take between 24 and 48 hours to come into effect, but if you're still not able to access the data by this time on Wednesday morning please do drop me a line at matt.elton@immediate.co.uk and I'll do some further investigating.

Thanks very much for your patience with this...

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby suedel » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:09 am

Thankyou, I have now successfully downloaded all the bonus content.
Regards, Suedel.
suedel

Return to Magazine chat