Moderator Control Panel ]

Issue 61 June 2012

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Re: Issue 61 June 2012

Postby ColinB » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm

Hi Matt,

I just tried on another computer and the same thing happened. I'm not
bothered enough to download another Browser at the moment. I use
Internet Explorer 9 - if I have more problems in future perhaps I'll try
Firefox , or there's always Carrier Pigeon !

Thanks

Colin
ColinB

Postby bryanwilson258 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:00 am

There are clearly issues with the bonus data, the directories do not download, and the 1915 army lists take you back to the home screen and again does not find the correct file.The links are not as they should be and need to be corrected.
bryanwilson258

Postby Matt Elton » Tue May 15, 2012 8:37 am

Hi everyone,

I've just been chatting to our online team, who believe that there may have been issues with the way in which some of these files were opening in different internet browsers. These have been rectified, meaning that you should now be able to download or open the data regardless of which software you're using.

If you're still experiencing problems, though, please do let me know here (or drop me a line at matt.elton@immediate.co.uk) and I'll look into it straight away.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby meekhcs » Tue May 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Matt

This seems to be a recurring problem whenever there is a major upgrade/overhaul/change to the system.

Unfortunately we do not all have the latest up to the minute computers/laptops so, may I respectfully suggest, that the "tech team" need to be mindful of this whenever changes are made, and that they make sure that all updates etc. work properly on ALL systems before they are released.

Many thanks Sally
meekhcs

Postby pre1837 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:32 pm

I downloaded all the items. Took over an hour. Bring back the CD......................please.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Postby Matt Elton » Tue May 15, 2012 2:13 pm

Hi Sally,

I know it can be irritating when things don't work as they should, and we really are mindful of the fact that readers use a whole range of different computers and operating systems. That's why I'm so eager to make sure that it works for everyone, and why we're always trying to improve the way in which we provide the online data.

And if you are ever unable to download any of the files, please do get straight in touch – I'm available via this forum or directly at matt.elton@immediate.co.uk.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby BobsyWobsy » Fri May 18, 2012 9:41 pm

Taken an Hour to get to download page, Clicked on veiw contents which never worked. Eventualy I clicked on 2Issue No 61 Bonus Content and it worked entered Password and Dowload all and got Zip File OK. Tried 7-zip took ages to get that, didn't fill in form not a company. Got it and tried it very fast but would not let me move it my issue 61 folder so I used Winzip. No time to look at contents.
I find it very difficult to read the faint blue print
Bob T.
e&oe
BobsyWobsy

Previous

Return to Magazine chat