Moderator Control Panel ]

content of May2012 issue

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

Re: content of May2012 issue

Postby Umber » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:36 pm

I subscribed to Family History Monthly. FHM has recently folded, and my sub was transferred to WDYTYA. May 2012 is the first edition for me. I was absolutely thrilled as it covers my maternal ancestors' county, Lincolnshire. I have yet to download the bonus content.

The magazine also covers other topics of interest. What a superb introduction to this magazine.
Umber

Postby Loish711 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:48 pm

I for one have not notice any decline in the standard of the magazine in recent times, it still is the best genealogy magazine on the market by far. It appeals to beginners and seasoned researchers alike unlike some other genealogy magazines, which is a hard balance to keep. It is always packed full of social history too which especially is to my liking. :)
Loish711

Postby Annie08 » Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:54 pm

Hi, this is a surprise to me. When did FHM fold? The last issue I had was April 2012 Issue 207 with the two girls on the front cover and I was just expecting the May 2012 issue to come through the post! I've not even had a letter.

Annie08
Annie08

Postby ksouthall » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:59 pm

Loish711 wrote:I for one have not noticed any decline in the standard of the magazine in recent times, it still is the best genealogy magazine on the market by far. It appeals to beginners and seasoned researchers alike unlike some other genealogy magazines, which is a hard balance to keep. It is always packed full of social history too which especially is to my liking. :)

I agree with Loish711, particularly as WDYTYA? magazine also has more pictures and photographs to break up the text. I find this makes it easier and more interesting to read.
ksouthall

Postby janiej » Sat May 05, 2012 5:35 pm

I was really sad to see "Family History Monthly" has folded. There was no warning and I spent the last few weeks making fruitless searches of newsagent shelves thinking something had gone wrong with distribution. If WDYTYA has taken over subscriptions, I am pleased.
janiej

Previous

Return to Magazine chat