Moderator Control Panel ]

Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2012

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2012

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi everyone,

The magazine team is back in the office now after a very exciting long weekend at Who Do You Think You Are? Live. If you came over and said hello, thank you – it was brilliant to meet so many readers, and I hope that you all had an excellent time. If you have any comments about what you particularly enjoyed, or anything that you think we could do to make the event better next year, please do let us know.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2012

Postby Patricia Harrison » Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Hi Matt,

Yes, my daughter and I had a great time at WDYTYA Live, went to some very interesting seminars and gained a lot from all the stands. One thing we think could be improved are the height of the screens - unless you are sitting in the first few rows the bottom half is obscured by heads. The same applies in the celebrity theatre when the guests are sitting on the sofas - halfway back you can't even see the tops of their heads! It is fine in the lectures in there as the speakers are standing up.

Incidentally we saw Emilia and Edward Fox which was brilliant and very entertaining. Thanks to everybody for a wonderful day.

Patricia. :D :)
Patricia Harrison

Re: Who Do You Think You Are? Live 2012

Postby MartinJ1952 » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Any chance of WDYTHYA Live coming out of London in the near future, as travel costs increase, getting to London is expensive for many people and staying for 2 days is out of the reach of many. Perhaps the event should "tour the country" and not be totally London Centric.

Suggested locations such as Birmingham, Manchester, Glasgow/Edinburgh, Cardiff, Bristol just to name a few
Martin
MartinJ1952

Return to Genealogy chat