Moderator Control Panel ]

Help Identifying Regiment

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Help Identifying Regiment

Postby Lindiloo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:40 am

http://o.mfcreative.com/f1/file02/objec ... ccad-1.jpg

I am trying to identify this chap from his photograph. The picture was found hidden behind an old photograph of my great grandmother. I know she was married twice and that her first husband died in 1908. Her second husband died on the somme 1st July 1916, Aged 38. His regiment was York and Lancaster Regiment...14th Bn.

I have identified the photographer (Mirror Studios Great Yarmouth) and I have found that they traded at least between 1912 and 1933.

Personally, I dont think the chap in this photograph looks old enough to be the second husband and I also can't identify the cap badge. It's nothing like the images I've found for York and Lancaster Regiment.

I suppose it could be a brother or other relative but he is the image of my dad so I'm positive it's a relative. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Lindiloo

Re: Help Identifying Regiment

Postby Lindiloo » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:49 am

Lindiloo

Postby Emmeline » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:05 pm

Could it be the Honorable Artillery Company Gunner Badge as shown here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:HAC_Gunner_Badge.jpg

That's the closest one I've managed to find.
Emmeline

Postby Lindiloo » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 pm

Thanks for that Emmeline. I've tried to minimise the image you posted and then pasted it next to the cap badge on the photograph. It does look quite similar but it's hard to say for certain. The cap badge in the photograph is obviously not as crisp an image as the one that you've found, so it's difficult to compare. It's definatley closer than anything I've managed to find, so much appreciated.
Lindiloo

Postby Lindiloo » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:04 pm

Yes ! Found more images of the same.... Royal Artillery.... Think you've got it ... Thank you so much :D
Lindiloo

Return to Photo identification