Moderator Control Panel ]

cover disk question

Whether you've enjoyed a recent issue of Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine or have a query about the bonus content, let us know

cover disk question

Postby barry » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:30 am

[:)] hi all can anyone tell me if each copy of this magazine will have a cover disk on and if so what sort of stuff will be on the disk i found this magazine whilst researching my family history.
baz
barry

RE: cover disk question

Postby cathyhudd » Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:46 pm

I bought the magazine for the first time because it had a disc about Gloucestershire on it but I can't seem to get my disc to work. I use Windows XP could that be the reason?
Looking for information about:- Harpers of Northamptonshire, Warwickshire and Buckinghamshire. Whaymans and Goodings of Suffolk and Essex. Jacques of Leicestershire. Hudds, Pontings and Partridges of Gloucestershire.
cathyhudd

Postby colliehouse » Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:13 am

If you search through this site there is an answer somewhere. Sorry I can't remember what it was or where but I know I saw that you had to do something to get it to work properly. Bit vague I know but the answer is here.
Sally
colliehouse

Postby Admin » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:03 pm

[quote]ORIGINAL: cathyhudd

I bought the magazine for the first time because it had a disc about Gloucestershire on it but I can't seem to get my disc to work. I use Windows XP could that be the reason?
[/quote]

Dear Cathy,

On some of the CDs, there appears to be an error that won't make it automatically run on PCs once it's in your CD drive.

This is very easy to fix.

Simply;

1. Open MY COMPUTER (icon on desktop)

2. Right click on WDYTYA/CD ROM DRIVE icon and go to EXPLORE

3. Double click on WDYTYA_PC and the menu will appear

If you have any other problems, email timonsingh@bbcmagazinesbristol.com
If you have any technical difficulties, email EdwardHerbert@magazine-services.co.uk
Admin

Return to Magazine chat