Moderator Control Panel ]

Logged out!

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

Logged out!

Postby gilly68 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:41 am

Very annoying!

I logged in in order to post a reply to a message. Wrote out the message and then when tried to submit it it it asked me to log in again. My reply was then lost. What a waste of time! Not happy!
gilly68

Re: Logged out!

Postby lookingforall » Tue Nov 22, 2011 2:08 am

It is annoying when this happens as it does at times on any site.
To avoid wasting time, I always copy what I've written before I make a submission, then if anything happens (like being logged-out, or loss of internet connection), I can always re-enter what I wrote previously by just using the copy and paste facility on my computer.
lookingforall

Postby Matt Elton » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:10 pm

Hi there,

I'm really sorry about this - I know from experience how annoying it can be! When we look at updating the website, this is top of my list of things that we need to sort out. Copying what you've written into a text editor before you click 'submit' is a really good plan (I do this when I'm writing news stories for the site, too).

Apologies again,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby pre1837 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:00 pm

If it is to be a longish entry, why not write into one of your 'Word' type programs, then copy and paste it into the site. You will then, if you save it, always have it.
Interested in the surname SNELL circa 1910, Middlesex. and Claudia Vail nee Snell, living and married in Canada from about 1912/16.

Any information is Crown Copyright, from http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"
pre1837

Return to Technical help