Moderator Control Panel ]

Mr Mills

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Mr Mills

Postby laughing granny » Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:08 pm

Please can anybody tell me anything about this man.

Recently I took a studio portrait of my grandparents out of its frame to see it the photograph was dated and was surrprised to find this picture in the back of the frame.

The back of the photograph tells me that he is 'Mr Mills son' and that he was killed in action in Sicily in July but no date given

As far as I;m aware this chap has no connection with my family
Mr Mills son 002.jpg
Mr Mills son 002.jpg (184.33 KiB) Viewed 2304 times
laughing granny

Re: Mr Mills

Postby snaphappy » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:05 pm

Mrs Mills son appears to have served in the Royal Artillery, so putting the information that you have given together I wonder if this is him in the link below.

http://www.cwgc.org/search/casualty_det ... ty=2819420
snaphappy

Postby laughing granny » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:26 pm

thank you
I did look at the CWGC site and though not impossible I have my doubts about that entry as my mothers side of the family are all from the Birmingham area

In an effort to solve the mystery I sent a scan of the photo to my elderly aunt in New Zealand who has an excellant memory but cannot recall a Mills family.

Also I have letters that my grandfather wrote home from Gallipoli and there is no mention there of a Mr Mills who may have had a son in WW2

My aunt too is puzzled as to why the photograph was hidden

It would be good for the correct family to have this photograph so I will see if I can find anything about the family mentioned in the CWGC rntry
laughing granny

Postby laughing granny » Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:42 pm

It looks lioke you are correct with the CWGC entry. I have looked at the army roll of honour and the chap in that entry comes from Birmingham
laughing granny

Postby JudiB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi

I have looked on Ancestry and there is a newspaper clipping regarding the death of Bryan Wallace Mills. He was the son of Mr & Mrs Edgar F Mills from Birmingham and was married to Edna.

If I find out more I will let you know.

Judi
JudiB

Postby JudiB » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi again,

I have just found his marriage details.

Edna R V Webster Mills Jan-Feb-Mar 1941 Birmingham Warwickshire

Judi
JudiB

Return to Photo identification