Moderator Control Panel ]

invalid image

If you're having trouble viewing the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine Forum on your computer, tell us here

invalid image

Postby Tiffany » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm

I am a new user and have tried to submit a post with a copy of a photo which I scanned on my computer. I have typed in my query , browsed to find the image and selected to upload but I keep getting a message 'image invalid'.
I cannot find any help to tell me what I am doing wrong? Help please
Tiffany

Re: invalid image

Postby Sylcec » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:22 pm

In what format did you save your photo? Best is jpeg/jpg .
How large is the image? I don't know what the size limits are for this size - Matt Elton will probably advise on that - but if you have anything in MBs (megabytes), then it is probably much to large, and you need to reduce the size in your picture editing software.
Good luck! Sylvia
Sylcec

Re: invalid image

Postby Matt Elton » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Tiffany,

Hope that you're well and had a good weekend. Images can be tricky - as Sylvia says, make sure that your file has the name 'file.jpg' or 'file.gif' (where 'file' is the name of the picture). The forum usually seems to manage fine with files of a couple of megabytes in size (let me know if you're not sure how to find out how big it is).

If you're still having problems, drop me a line at mattelton@bbcmagazines.com and I'll see if I can work out what's going wrong.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Return to Technical help