Moderator Control Panel ]

Heir Hunters

From Heir Hunters to Wartime Farm, this is the place to discuss other genealogy and history programmes

Heir Hunters

Postby NettyT » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:01 am

In Novembers WDYTYA magazine it says that there is a series of Heir Hunters due to air at prime time in the evenings on BBC2 at 8pm from October 24th. As that was yesterday when University Challenge was on does anyone know if/when the series WILL be airing?
NettyT

Re: Heir Hunters

Postby ritah » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:12 pm

I have checked next week's Radio Times and there is no mention of a new Heir Hunters series either, hopefully someone at BBC programming could tell us?
ritah

Postby Matt Elton » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:19 am

Hi there,

Hope you're both well! Yes, apologies for this – unfortunately, TV schedules are always slightly flexible, which means that pinning a new series down to a particular date can often be something of a challenge! We do try to run with the best information that we have at the time of going to press, but this sometimes changes in between the magazine hitting the shelves and the programme starting.

In this case, Heir Hunters looks like it’ll now be airing at some point during the week starting 21 November, so fingers crossed! And, for the latest updates, you can always sign up for our weekly email newsletter by clicking here.

Sorry about all the confusion - any further queries, give me a shout.

All the best,

Matt
Matt Elton

Postby ritah » Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Thanks for the update Matt, will keep a lookout.

Rita
ritah

Postby ritah » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:23 pm

Heir Hunters is definitely on again starting next Monday 21st November each evening 7pm BBC2 Monday to Friday. Described as a revised repeat it seems that the programme will delve further into the lives of people already investigated. There is an article about the series in the Radio Times for next week.

Rita
ritah

Postby Lizhen » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:35 pm

ritah wrote:Heir Hunters is definitely on again starting next Monday 21st November each evening 7pm BBC2 Monday to Friday. Described as a revised repeat it seems that the programme will delve further into the lives of people already investigated. There is an article about the series in the Radio Times for next week.
Rita

My copy of Radio Times has the article mentioned, but Heir Hunters is not listed Monday - Friday this week. I am in Scotland... perhap there is a Scottish edition of Radio Times?

How disappointing... and infuriating. :( :x Once again Scotland misses out on a good programme.

Lizhen
Lizhen

Postby phsvm » Sun Jan 08, 2012 7:01 pm

I saw most of the Heir Hunters series that aired on Monday evenings. Am I the only one who realised these were not in fact new episodes but extended episodes of many that had been on during the day? And, no I don't spend all my dys sitting in front of the TV - I caught some of the day time ones on iplayer!
phsvm

Postby kysbie » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:44 pm

A new series of Heir Hunters (series 6) is due to hit our screen beginning on Monday 16th April. Daily episodes at 9.15am on BBC1.
kysbie

Return to Other TV and radio programmes