Moderator Control Panel ]

More benefits?

Share your thoughts with your fellow family historians – and the Who Do You Think You Are? Magazine team – here

More benefits?

Postby gemmafelton » Sun Oct 09, 2011 9:30 am

Hi, i have been to who do you think you are live for the past few years and Im always impressed. This year i have decided to attend for all 3 days to get the most from the event, i was surprised to not find any deals with local hotels or guest houses for rooms during the event and feel that this would be a huge benefit for those of us traveling large distances. Also, my last visits i got good deals on single day tickets being buy one and get one free but there was no such offer on the 3 day tickets. I hope that this might be available this year. ;) Gem.
gemmafelton

Re: More benefits?

Postby Kate Jones » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi Gem,

Thanks for your feedback. It really is helpful to hear back from our fans. And glad to hear you're coming back again...and for three days no less! In regards to accommodation, when the event draws nearer we will post a link on our website http://www.whodoyouthinkyouarelive.co.uk which will link through to the London Olympia website which will have a range of great hotel offers.

And in response to your query about 3-day tickets, I'm pleased to say that we do have a 3-day ticket option this year for £30. You'll be able to book your tickets on our website from November onwards.

Hope this has answered all your questions,
Best wishes,
Kate
Kate Jones

Postby lizjones » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:28 pm

On the subject of value for money, I think we should be able to buy single tickets if we want to, I don't understand why they are always sold in pairs. We go as a 3, and always find someone else to come along, but I am sure there are people who don't go because they would have to buy two tickets.

I was disappointed last year to see that we are expected to pay extra for a copy of te event programme - without this it's impossible to know what's on the timetable and where. Effectivelt it's a hidden addition to the ticket price.

Liz
Researching:
Denman - anywhere in the West Country but especially North Curry & Taunton
Fisher - Wedmore & Mark, in Somerset
Thomas - Minehead & Dunster
Willsman - everywhere!
Leighton/Layton in Gloucestershire & Herefordshire
lizjones

Postby lizjones » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:40 pm

by the way - glad we can buy single tickets this year - thank you!
Researching:
Denman - anywhere in the West Country but especially North Curry & Taunton
Fisher - Wedmore & Mark, in Somerset
Thomas - Minehead & Dunster
Willsman - everywhere!
Leighton/Layton in Gloucestershire & Herefordshire
lizjones

Postby Yorks-girl » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:43 pm

Hi

The latest copy of ' Who do you think you are?'. includes an event guide.

Lynn
Yorks-girl

Return to Genealogy chat