Moderator Control Panel ]

Help with photo please

Have you got problems identifying people or buildings in a photograph? Share your photo queries with other users

Help with photo please

Postby tracker » Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:17 pm

This is a photo of my great grandfather, John/Henry Parsons, who was born as Henri Joseph Justin Poirson in Marylebone, London in 1881. As he looks to be in his early 20's, guessing photo was taken in early 1900's. The photo is on cardboard with a thin brown paper backing, and no information at all.
My question really is about his dress, it seems too much for a wedding, he married in 1909 at Wandsworth register office and again in 1913 (I believe bigamously), at Fulham register office.
In 1902 he enlisted with the Royal Artillery and gave his occupation as a cabinet maker, on his 1909 marriage certificate he is a hall porter at the French Embassy of Kensington, and by 1916 he is a footman for the French Amabassador. Could his clothes in the photo be of a hall porter or footman, or would it be likely that this is a wedding photo as he has flowers on his lapel ?
His parents were French and his father worked as a pastry chef in a hotel, so I'm not sure how well off financially the family would have been, and comments will be appreciated
Attachments
John Henry Parsons (1).jpg
John Henry Parsons (1).jpg (226.13 KiB) Viewed 1401 times
tracker

Return to Photo identification